I spent quite a bit of time this past month reviewing 2016 and setting my targets for 2017. Here is the wrap up on the goals I posted publicly on the website:
- Hit WrestlingMart’s revenue goal. 100% completed. We couldn’t have been closer to hitting our revenue targets. I believe we crossed the finish line at 4:30 PM on December 31st. Even though it was close, this marks the 3rd year we’ve hit our explosive growth goals. This was my standout accomplishment for the year.
- Donate $2,000,000 million dollars through Rawr! for a Reason. 0% Completed. I miserably failed this one for a few reasons 1) I completely stopped the project for the last 3-4 months of 2016 because wrestling season was so intense that I had to focus almost 100% of my energy on WrestlingMart. 2) It’s taken a lot more time than expected to get the company’s branding and message across the way I want it to.
- Have 300 touch points with old friends. 15% Completed. I did not meet this goal either. I created this goal because I want more balance in my life and felt like I was a little lopsided in 2015…. working too hard and not spending enough time with friends and family. I think this goal was faulty from the beginning though. I’ve been focusing on goals that revolve more around the process than the end product. I do believe this is the best way to form goals, but don’t like when the process isn’t motivating in itself. I should have instead formed a goal along the lines of “Go on 4 trips with friends” or something similar. I could get a lot more excited about that, rather than trying to meet a quota. Friendship is about quality, not quota!
Even though I did not succeed at 2/3 of the goals I posted on the website in 2016, I consider 2016 to be one of my best years yet. I knocked the majority of my other goals out of the park. 2016 was a stand out year in terms of personal growth.
I’m really excited for this upcoming year. Here is what I’d like to focus on on the website:
- Hit WrestlingMart’s revenue goals again.It will be a big deal if we have 4 successful years at our current level of growth.
- Donate $1,000,000 dollars through Rawr! for a Reason.I think it’s realistic if I release the first game this year. I’ve already started testing different game concepts. If the first mobile arcade game reaches a high level of success, I think this number will be a stretch, but definitely within reach.
- Travel to Africa. I’d like to take 2-4 week vacation to Africa because wild animals and nature fascinate me. I hope to spend this time with my favorite travel companion, my strong and loving mother. I believe this trip will help me relax and refocus after I burned out really hard towards the end of 2016. The most productive I have been was after I spent 6 weeks traveling Europe after I graduated from college, and I know this trip can have the same impact on me.
Wish me luck! : )